How to Save Electricity
Follow these important steps in order to save electricity in your homes.
Ways to Save Electricity
- Turn off the electrical appliances in your house if they are running unnecessarily. Turn them on only when their use is required.
- Make sure that all the rooms in your house are well ventilated. In this way, your house will not heat up during the summers. You will, therefore, be able to cut down the electricity bills as you will not require the use of powerful cooling appliances, such as the air conditioner.
- Do not put your television set on the standby mode. Instead, turn it off completely when you are not watching it.
- Replace the old household electrical appliances with new and more efficient gadgets, which use less power while running.
- Replace all the halogen and incandescent bulbs with Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. They are useful for cutting down the electricity bills and are also less harmful for the environment.
- When you use the air conditioner, keep the temperature at 26 Celsius. Try to use the fan instead of the air conditioner so that less electricity is consumed.
- Turn off the lights and fan when you leave the room.
- Turn off the computer when you are not using it.
- Try to cook food on a gas stove instead of an electric stove or an electric oven. Similarly, use a gas oven instead of an electric oven for the purpose of baking.
- Instead of using the dryer machine, use the laundry rack. The best and cheapest way of drying the clothes is to dry them outside on a clothes’ line.
- A great amount of electricity can also be saved in factories. This can be done by replacing all the old machines and electrical appliances with more efficient electrical machines, which have been developed using the latest technology.
- Insulate your house to protect it from excessive heat during the hot season. Cover the roof of your house in order to protect it from the extreme heat and the sun.
- Instead of using electric heaters during the winters, wear warm clothes to protect yourself from the chilly weather.
- Use good quality copper wiring in your house. This enables the electricity to be conducted more efficiently. Therefore, the wastage of electricity can be prevented.
- Use water as thriftily as possible in order to save electricity. In particular, while washing the dishes you should avoid the use of dish washer machine.
By following the above mentioned easy yet effective steps, you will be able to cut down your electricity bills substantially. On the other hand, you will also help the environment to a large extent.
Recent Info Of Your Interest
Interview Tips: How to Prepare for an Interview?
Preparing for interview to get a job in any government or private organization needs some special skills in order to satisfy the interviewer about yourself. Interview is a self assessment test which needs Personality development, good looking suit selection, outstanding oral power, ease to communicate and handsome field knowledge to be successful.
Presentation Tips and Techniques
During any business or academic session, presentation play a significant role as through this medium you are better able to convey your thoughts in your own words and views. While presenting your opinion about any particular topic, you must keep in mind certain things that may be helpful in your presenting skills.
If we look at the history of Pakistan, it is vividly evident that Pakistani army has always had a strong hold on all the political and religious parties of the country. Out of 65 years of independence, army dictators have ruled Pakistan for about 32 years.
How to Decorate Your House?
We can decorate a house, by taking into account some tips to achieve optimized space and combine all the elements in a harmonious way.
Money Saving Tips
In this age of dearness it is hard to save money to meet the budget of whole month. But this saved money appears good in the payments of unexpected bills. Some golden rules are suggested below about how to save money.