Lemon is a small yellow fruit that is easily available over the world. Because is grows in every part of the globe, the uses of lemon are also uncountable. According to an old Chinese tradition, lemon can even save you from poison and amazingly, the latest research shows that lemon sure is effective in resisting the effect of certain types of poison. Lemon is a rich source of a large number of vitamins and contains many useful elements like citric acid, calcium, potassium, folic acid, phosphorus, vitamin A & B. It helps in digestion, detoxification of the body and has other medical uses as well. For this reason, knowing a few lemon storage tips ensures that you have this fruit in your house round the clock.
Click Here to Continue Reading in English
- Lemon peel is very good at cleaning the human blood and it protects from common diseases like cough.
- Lemon juice is very helpful in keeping your digestive system healthy. Lemon seeds help balance the hemoglobin level in the body.
- Lemon has proven results to cure acne. It has a good amount of citric acid in it that removes extra oil from your skin and makes it look healthy. You can mix lemon juice in rose water or honey and apply it on the pimples for 20 minutes. It will definitely help you get rid of acne.
- It acts as a natural skin-bleaching agent that makes your complexion fair due to the presence of Vitamin C in it.
- Lemon juice contains calcium that is required for the strong bones especially in children. Blend of ½ tbsp of lemon juice in 1 tbsp of honey and give it to children, it will provide strength to their joints and helps avoid bone related problems in them.
- For the flu, add a little lemon juice in hot water and drink it. It soothes the throat and also helps relieve flu.
- Weak teeth and gums are the common problem of most of the people but you can get rid of pain, whiten you teeth by applying lemon juice, it removes plaque and gives a fresh breath.
- Lemon can be a natural solution for many hair related problems like hair fall, dandruff and greasy hair.
- In beauty parlors, lemon is used for manicure and pedicure to make the skin looking glowing and shiny.
How to preserve lemon:
- If you want to keep the lemon fresh for long time, keep them in loosely tied plastic bag or you can keep them in a basket in an airy room. By keeping lemon on room temperature, you can use them for two weeks.
- Lemon juice does not remain fresh for long compared to lemon itself. However if you put the lemon juice in an airtight bottle or jar and keep it in refrigerator; it will can remain fresh and taste good for around 3 days.
Note: If you are having stomach ulcer or gall bladder problem, consult to the doctor and avoid lemon juice usage.