There are six conditions for the exact offering of the Prayer (Salah) which are indispensable.
- Cleanliness of those body parts which are described as essentials for the bath (a special pattern to wash the body as described in Islam). It is further guided in Hadith (saying of the Prophet Muhammad) that the body and the surface or cloth on which one intends to offer prayer should be cleaned.
- Women should cover all those body parts completely which are described in Islam. For a woman all her body parts should be covered except her face, hands and feet. Clothes should not be so transparent that they reveal the body. If there is some deliberate mistake in following these instructions then prayer will suffer.
- While offering prayer we should be facing Qiblah (required direction for Muslim prayer).
- Everything depends on the intention. A firm intention within oneself is necessary for a complete prayer. The lowest level of intention is described as a brisk answer if somebody is asked that which prayer he has offered right now. If somebody takes a pause and rethinks for the answer the condition for a true intention is not fulfilled.
- Takbeer-e-Tehreema (to say “GOD is the greatest”).
How a Woman should offer prayer?
After ablution (to wash body parts according to religious teachings) they should face towards Qiblah and stand in an upright position, with an intention of the prayer, that there should only be a space of four fingers between the two feet. Both of the hands should be raised to the shoulders is such a way that they do not come out of the covered clothes. Palms should be facing the Qiblah and there should be a normal distance between the fingers. While the hands are raised they should be gradually lowered with saying Tabeer-e-Tehreema. Hands should be folded in such a way that the left hand should be at the chest and the right hand should be placed on the left hand. Head should not be lowered while saying Tabeer-e-Tehreema.
After that she should offer her prayer in a sequenced way as described in Islam. She has to fulfill all the essentials of the prayer which are
- Standing (kayam)
- Bowing (ruku)
- I’tidal (standing again after ruku) and stopping
- Prostration (sajida)
- Sitting (jalsa)
- Second prostration
- Second sitting
There are some essential elements which are obligatory to perform for a comprehensive performance of the prayer. It is has been told that skipping one of them or more from your prayer will not accomplish the prayer and their intentional omitting or non-performance is declared sinful. There are some optional elements in the prayer as well which are rewarding if performed but not sinful if skipped.